Welcome To Modbury Health Centre
Press Release 29/03/2020
A message from Chillington Health Centre, Dartmouth Medical Practice, Modbury Health Centre, Norton Brook Medical Centre, Redfern Health Centre and the South Hams Community Teams.
To all of our patients: We would like to thank you for your forbearance, support and indeed cheerfulness in these unprecedented times. We greatly appreciate how your interactions with us have had to change over a very short time with little notice. Thank you for adapting and for helping us to be here for you.
Please be reassured that we are doing absolutely everything we can to keep us all safe and well.
We would also like to give a massive thank you to all of the community organisations and volunteers who have come together to help support us and you. This is truly a team effort and we have all been humbled by your effort. Thank you!
We stay at work for you, please stay at home for us.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer and supporting the NHS at this time, please download the GoodSam app and find out what you can do to help our local community.
Due to the current situation we are screening patients who come into the practice. If you have an appointment you will be asked for your mobile number so we can contact you when we are ready to see you, you may be asked to wait in your car. The usual front door entrance is now not open and all queries will be via a window in the staff car park
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery opening times to letting us know what you think of us.
Our health centre has suitable access for disabled patients. All the patient areas including the waiting room, the consulting rooms and the toilets, have wheelchair access. A hearing loop is in place at the front reception desk.
If you require one, there is a wheelchair available at reception.
There are designated disabled parking spaces in the car park.
CQC Inspection Aug 2019 Rated GOOD
The following is an extract from the report by the CQC after their inspection August 2019
We have rated this practice as good overall and good for all population groups.
We found that:
• The practice provided care in a way that kept patients safe and protected them from avoidable harm.
• Patients received effective care and treatment that met their needs.
• Staff dealt with patients with kindness and respect and involved them in decisions about their care.
•The practice ethos was to provide an accessible and approachable patient-orientated service.
• The practice organised and delivered services to meet patients’ needs. Patients could access care and treatment in a timely way.
• The way the practice was led and managed promoted the delivery of high-quality, person-centre care.
• Feedback from patients who used the service was positive about the way staff cared for patients.
• Staff told us they felt supported and engaged with managers and there was a strong focus on continuous learning and improvement at all levels of the organisation.
Read the full report by clicking on the link below