We aim to offer a mixture of pre booked appointment and bookable on the day however patient demand and GP absence may result in days when appointments are limited and you may not be able to see the GP of your choice.
Choice of GP
You will have a named registered GP however you will be able to see any GP of your choice
We offer a number of pre bookable appointments which will be available up to 3 weeks in advance.
The aim of the appointments system is to give better service, with better access to your doctor.
Available On The Day
When you call for an appointment the receptionists will offer you an appointment on the day. It will be possible to book a telephone consultation on the day and speak to a GP for advice if you wish to discuss over the telephone. Our receptionists will normally ask you a few questions to add to your booked appointment to inform the GP why you would like the appointment. All our Medical Receptionists are very aware of patient confidentiality. However, if you do not wish to disclose the reason for your appointment just let the Receptionist know.
Every day a number of new open appointments become available, enabling you to see a doctor if that is required.
Urgent Medical Problems
These appointments are specifically to address the urgent medical problem within an already full surgery.
If you have an acute medical problem, but all the on the day appointments for that day are filled, please tell the receptionist and they will inform
Extended Practice Opening Hours
We do offer a number of appointments outside our core hours of 08:00 – 18:00.
We do offer a number of appointments from 07:30 - please contact reception for further details. Appointments are offered with a Practice Nurse Monday, Tuesday andThursday.
Appointments with GPs are offered on alternate Tuesday and Thursday.
These appointments are pre-bookable and we would ask you to let Reception if you are unable to attend.
In certain circumstances due to operational requirements the day of these appointments and clinician may change.
Cancellations & Reminders
Cancel an Appointment
It is important that you inform the reception staff if you are unable to attend your appointment, this will allow that appointment to be offered to another patient. If you fail to notify the Practice that you are unable to attend, you will be sent a letter informing you that you have defaulted from your appointment. Persistent defaulters maybe removed from the list.
You can also complete our appointment cancellation notification request form. This can only be used if your appointment has been arranged for more than 24 hours in advance. (excluding weekends and public holidays). You can also text to cancel your appointment.
Late For Your Appointment
Please attend your appointment on time, if you are late you may not be seen. If you are not seen you will not be able to rearrange your appointment until the next working day-except in the event of an medical emergency that requires immediate attention.
If you require an interpreter to attend with you when you see your Doctor please notify the receptionist and she will arrange this for you.
For visits that day:
- Home visits will be made for patients who are housebound or too unwell to attend surgery. Due to the large area covered by this practice, we cannot guarantee that a home visit will be made by the doctor of your choice. Home visits take the doctors away from the surgery for some time, delaying other appointments.
- Telephone the health centre as soon as possible - there is a receptionist on duty from 08:00 until 18:00. This will ensure the doctor can plan his/her visits and avoid unnecessary delays. Please ensure you inform the receptionist of your correct contact telephone number. The duty doctor will then ring you to ascertain the reason for the visit.
- All urgent visit requests will be put through immediately to the duty doctor for immediate action.
- State the patient’s name, address and full directions of how to get there when necessary.
- Please give a correct contact telephone number.
- Your doctor would appreciate a name or number clearly marked on your house.
Private Medical Examinations
Medical examinations for special purposes such as pre-employment, fitness to travel, elderly drivers, fitness to undertake sports etc., will require longer than a routine appointment.
These examinations do not form part of NHS Services, you will be charged for any such examination. Please check the fee chargeable page here before arranging any such examination. Please inform the receptionist when arranging such appointments.
Click here for our private medical examination prices.