General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Data Controller: Modbury Health Centre- Poundwell Meadow- Modbury PL21 0QL
Data Protection Registration Number: Z6033755
Data Protection Officer -Bex Lovewell -Delt Shared Services Ltd.
Telephone: 01752 304158 (between 7am and 7pm Monday-Friday)
The GDPR replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and is designed to harmonise data privacy laws across Europe, to protect and empower all EU citizens’ data privacy and to reshape the way in which organisations across the region approach data privacy. The GPDR comes into effect on 25 May 2018.
How do we communicate our privacy notice?
At Modbury Health Centre, the practice privacy notice is displayed on our website, through signage in the waiting room, and in writing during patient registration. We will:
- Due to Covid-19, Dame Fiona Caldicott - the National Data Guardian for Health and Social Care believes it would be helpful for our clinical system supplier,TPP, to temporarily re-instate the consent over-ride. The consent over-ride allows Clinicians to view of all of a patient’s SystmOne record, regardless of any sharing consents a patient has recorded, including events that a patient has requested to be private.
- The guidance, from the National Data Guardian and the DHSC sets very specific limits to the use of the over-ride, including but not limited to:
- For the direct care, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of those with, or considered to be at risk of Covid-19 where it is not possible to obtain consent,
- To access the record, either where no preference has been recorded for the patient, or in exception circumstances, where the patient has dissented from record sharing
- Inform patients how their data will be used and for what purpose
- Allow patients to opt out of sharing their data, should they so wish
- How Modbury Health Centre use your information
- We collect and hold data about you for the purpose of providing safe and effective healthcare
- Your information may be shared with our partner organisations to audit services and help provide you with better care
- Information sharing is subject to strict agreements on how it is used
- We will only share your information outside of our partner organisations with your consent*
- If you are happy with how we use your information you do not need to do anything
- If you do not want your information to be used for any purpose beyond providing your care please let us know so we can code your record appropriately
- You can object to sharing information with other health care providers but if this limits your treatment options we will tell you
- Our guiding principle is that we are holding your information in the strictest confidence
- For more information about who are our partner organisations and how your data is used please see the privacy notice on our website or ask at reception.
- *Unless the health & safety of others is at risk, the law requires it or it is required to carry out a statutory function.
Further documents available below - we can provide paper copies if you wish to contact the health centre.
- Information used to provide healthcare statement.pdf
- Medical Research Statement.pdf
- Subject Access Request Form SAR Form.pdf
- Shared information Statement.pdf
- Privacy Information Leaflet.pdf
- National Screening Programmes Statement.pdf
- Modbury Health Centre Privacy Notice Payments.pdf
- Modbury Health Centre Privacy Notice Direct Care Emergencies.pdf
- Modbury Health Centre Privacy Notice Commissioning Planning risk stratification patient identification.pdf
- Modbury Health Centre Privacy Notice Safeguarding.pdf
- Modbury Health Centre Privacy Notice Direct Care routine care and referrals.pdf